sábado, julio 18, 2009

Give me a night with bubbles.

Give me a night with bubbles, she said. 'What is a night with bubbles?', I asked; it's not the kind of night you find in a friend's house. It's not even the kind of night you could find outside of your own house. 'What is a night with bubbles?', I asked. Maybe I could let her draw one for me, so I know what I'm looking for.

It is impossible. She said.

So a drawing is impossible. I inquire.

Yes, it is. She said.

Maybe she could build one, so I know what I'm looking for.

I don't need it from me, she said. I have built way too many.

'What is a night with bubbles?', I asked. Then I walked away. I know what you're thinking, but I do know that it doesn't have any relation with stars. It is a night with bubbles.

I phone her, but nobody pick up the phone. I keep trying, until I fall asleep. But nobody picked up the phone. Then she woke me up. 'So?', she said.

I had a dream. A beautiful one. In my dream she was covered with water. She had a scary face. Then she woke me up. I told her what my dream was about and she smiled. I kissed her forehead and she smiled again. Give me a night with bubbles!, she said. Can I draw one by myself?, I asked. She didn't say anything. Then I walked away again.

I gave her this picture. 'You have drawn me a sin!. This is too small to see it. I can't hang it on the wall and enjoy it'. She refuses to take it.

She liked it, though. She couldn't hide it from me.

'What is a night with bubbles?', I asked.

I made drawings and drawings. She only saw sins and decolored immorality on them. I built her a night with bubbles. She only saw obscenities. 'Those are insignificant items', she said. She was crying. Then I held her in my arms. The sins in my drawings grew bigger and bigger. Immorality was all colorful and what I had built took the shape of her body.

Her face was all full of life.

Suddenly, she asked for the night with bubbles no more.

----------------
Now playing: Juana Molina - Filter Taps
via FoxyTunes

1 comentario:

Viridiana dijo...

y bueno, a qué se debe regresar a estos escritos?, sólo se te ocurrió o por algo en especial lo estas haciendo? a mi de hehco me gustan!

Te amo corazon