sábado, junio 06, 2020

Abyss



Let me tell you about that time I woke up in the depths of the ocean. I could feel the salt water running trhough my veins and my heart heavy like wet sand. I could see myself being dragged for miles and miles, screaming with rage at the indomitable sea. But I couldn't hear anything. Every time I opened my mouth the water filled my lungs drowning every sound that was trying to get out.

The ocean spoke to me with a deep voice. I couldn't understand any word. I just felt how it flailed my body against the rocks.

Let me tell you about that time...

Then I heard another voice. Soft, echoing in the abyss. Let go. Said the voice. I heard it as clear as a waterdrop falling in the middle of the night. Let go... Let me tell you about that time. My body fell into the abyss. It was cold. I could feel my body shivering and warming the water around me. I touched the padded bottom of the ocean. Like silk sheets waiting for me. Let go, said the voice... Let go.

Let me tell you about that time I fell asleep in the depths of the abyss.

No hay comentarios: